ETNOFILm 2014 CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
Call for Volunteers for ETNOFILm Festival
Location: Rovinj, Croatia
Application deadline: 1.02.2014
Contact: volunteer coordinator Ljiljana Pantović firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ethnographic Museum of Istria is pleased to invite all young students of anthropology, ethnology, sociology, media and other social and humanities sciences to join in making the 6th International Ethnographic film festival –ETNOFILm in Rovinj, Croatia (24.-26.4.2014).
ETNOFILm Festival is a platform for the promotion of ethnographic film and the system of categorization of the films in the competition is indicative of Festival’s diversity. On one hand, a production of ethnographic film is encouraged in the strictest disciplinary sense of the word – meaning films whose authors are trained ethnologists/anthropologists – and on the other hand, the Festival also affirms non-disciplinary films and a heterogenic approach to the filed.
Organizers are looking for a small but motivated group of SIX volunteers (3 local and 3 international volunteers) to help out during the festival by:
– Promoting the festival in Rovinj during the festival (handing out flyers and working at the information and sales point (selling promotional material from the festival – bags, T-shirts, postcards, badges)
– Assisting with the hospitality of our guests (jury members and participating authors)
– Working at the entrance of the screenings (greeting the audience, making sure the doors are open and closed on time, assisting the technical and organization teams)
– Assisting with the accompanying festival program
– Generally helping out with the day to day logistics of the festival
– Having fun and enjoying some great documentaries
In order to apply for the position organizers kindly ask that you submit:
– Application form (download it on this link ETNOFILm06-Volunteer-Application-Form -eng)
– A short (one page maximum) motivation letter telling us why you want to be a part of our great team? Do you have any previous experience in volunteering for ethnographic or other film festivals? Why are you interested in ethnographic film?
– Your current CV
Due to the limited spaces for volunteering please be advised that preference will be given to applicants who speak several languages and who have a background in (visual) anthropology.
Unfortunately, the organizers will not be able to cover the volunteers travel expenses, but volunteers will be offered free lunch and accommodation during the festival. Upon request the volunteers can receive a certificate of volunteering. We can also promise lovely sea air, a chance to meet amazing people, create new contacts, learn new skills and watch great ethnographic films.
Please send your application and any further questions to our volunteer coordinator Ljiljana Pantovic at email@example.com.
The deadline for applying is 01.02.2014.
See you this spring in Rovinj.
ETNOFILm organizing team